For more than 10 years I have been doing the weekly Net on Thursday nights, taking over the LAUSD Net started by Gary Franks, W6NVY, more than 20 years ago.
Well, I’ve decided it’s time to move on and give up my Net Control duties.
Steve, K6CRW, has been a great help by volunteering to do the nets every other week and, recently more often than that, when I have been tied up by “real life” events.
But, the time has come for me to pass the torch and let someone else take over as Net Control for these nets. I will continue through the end of the year, but will not do any nets after that.
If anyone would like to volunteer to help Steve out and take over Net Control duties on a semi-regular basis, please let us know. You can contact me via email at N6CIZ@ARRL.NET and let me know that you are interested. Steve and I can help you out and show you the ropes.
Most of us watch TV and enjoy “visiting” the homes of our favorite television characters each week. Tonight, for a Trivia Question, I’m going to give you a street address and your job is to tell me what TV family lives at that address. I’ll give you guys 3 guesses and if no one gets it right by the 3rd guess, I’ll give you the answer and move on to another address.
OK, here we go:
- 301 Cobblestone Way, Bedrock, 70777
- 518 Crestview Drive, Beverly Hills
- 129 West 81st Street, Apartment %A, New York, NY
- 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield, USA
- Venus 1234, Sky Pad Apartments, Orbit City
- 704 Hauser Street, Queens, NY
- Southfork Ranch, Braddock County, Texas
- 211 Pine Street, Mayfield, USA
- 322 Maple Road, Mayberry, NC
- 2311 North Los Robles Drive, Apartment 4A Pasadena, CA
- 4222 Clinton Way
- 623 E. 86th, Apartment 3-B, New York, NY
- 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Camelot, NJ
- 565 North Clinton Drive, Milwaukee, WI
- 9674 Jeopardy Lane, Chicago, IL
- 31 Spooner Street, Quahog, Rhode Island
- 001 Cemetery Lane, Greenbrier
In the state of California, automobiles are required to display a front and a rear license plate. This isn’t true however in every state of the union. Our question tonight, how many states only require one license plate?
Question: Straight from the headlines of the LA Times, a JPL climatologist was quoted today saying that this year’s weather patterns and the rainy season: “definitely has the potential of being the Godzilla El Niño”
This got me thinking, how many Godzilla Films have there been since it’s introduction? How many Godzilla films are there?
Question: How many times did they say “A-Double-R-L” in tonight’s broadcast? (from July 31, 2015) http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news#